Written by Stephen Cummings | Expected reading time 3 min
Now that the year of the cursed is behind us, UK slots players can all look forward to a (hopefully) bright, fresh and truly fun 2021.
If you are keen on playing any of the games listed below, then we recommend signing up to a casino listed on our new slot sites page.
Unsurprisingly then, slot developers are keen to release more exciting online slot games in the first months of the year.
On this page we have listed our pick of the slot games which are set to be released in January 2021. We have also included the date when each game will be released as well as the slot developer.
Also, once you grasp this information, a whole new world of online slot games opens up for you.
|Shamrock Holmes Megaways||Microgaming||January 5th 2021|
|Incan Adventure||Microgaming||January 5th 2021|
|Slingo Starburst||Slingo Originals||January 7th 2021|
|Voodoo Magic||Pragmatic Play||January 7th 2021|
|Ancients of Korea||iSoft Bet||January 10th 2021|
|Rainbow Riches Megaquads||Barcrest||January 10th 2021|
|Reel Lucky King Megaways||Inspired||January 13th 2021|
|Legend of Athena||Red Tiger||January 20th 2021|
|Parthenon: Quest for Immortality||NetEnt||January 23rd 2021|
|Slingo Reel King||Slingo Originals||January 24th 2021|
|Super Fortune Dragon Power Spins||Blueprint Gaming||January 25th 2021|
|Alien KO||Green Jade Games||January 25th 2021|
|Ghost Quest||Capecod Gaming||January 25th 2021|
|Blazin’ Hot 7’s Stack ‘Em Up||Scientific Games||January 27th 2021|
|Unicorn Reels||Wazdan||January 27th 2021|
|The Trillionaire||NetEnt||January 28th 2021|
|Fruit Shop Megaways||NetEnt||January 28th 2021|
|Lord Merlin and the Lady of the Lake||Play’n GO||January 28th 2021|
|Temple of Fire||IGT||January 29th 2021|
2021 SLOT GAME TRENDS
As the world of online casinos and online slot games continues to evolve, we can expect 2021 to showcase certain trends. Below, you can find the information on the trends we expect to witness this year.
- Megaways slots will continue to be popular and common – Megaways slots were arguably the most popular video slot types last year. Since Microgaming has recently obtained the license from Big Time Gaming, so we can expect to get even more Megaways games. Here’s hoping that Microgaming will be able to create innovative Megaways games though.
- High volatility slots to remain popular – High variance slots provide players with lots of excitement due to the big win potential. Don’t be surprised to see a greater number of innovative high volatility slots released in 2021.
- Online slots continue to rise in popularity – With a greater number of the UK population being forced to stay in-doors, it goes without saying that more people are using their spare time to play slot games online. Casino players who would usually visit their land-based casino are instead logging into their online accounts. We expect this trend to continue into at least the first half of 2021.
- Online Slingo to increase in popularity – The merge of online bingo and online slots has given UK gamblers online Slingo. Online bingo remains an extremely popular form of gambling in the UK and with the added element of the slot reels, it is not a surprise that Slingo has become as popular as it is. We expect Slingo Originals to continue releasing innovative Slingo games in 2021.
- Tougher regulations on gambling companies – The UK government is expected to make wide ranging changes to the UK Gambling Act in 2021. An announcement to what changes will be made is expected to be released in March 2021. SlotsHawk expect that there will be new maximum bet limits on online slot games. As it stands, players can bet up to £500 on a single spin of a slot machine.
- RTP ranges will continue – There is an increasing demand from online casinos for slot developers to develop games where the casino gets to choose the RTP. Despite the increased number of players, online casinos are witnessing their profits decreasing due to big taxes and other expenses. Therefore, slot sites and casinos are trying to take the initiative back by being able to chop and change the RTP ranges of games they offer to players.
Greetings, I’m Stephen Cummings
Stephen Cummings is often referred to as ‘The Oracle’. What he doesn’t know about slot games isn’t worth knowing. He’s our genius slot machine analyst who spends most of his time reviewing new games & sites.
Slots analyst since 2020